Tuesday, January 3, 2012

indoors firework

I started the class by telling my students: “Use of firework on the school’s property will lead to expulsion and in severe cases; police report and financial reimbursement!” Three minutes later we walked downstairs to the basement and found the corridor covered in smoke. Some of the kids got hysterical, coughing and wondered what it was. Two students crawled around on the floor, pretending to slowly pass out. I unlocked the door to the room we were going to be in and hushed my pupils inside.
Annoyed I went to get the inspector, and on my way back downstairs, one of my kids came weeping towards me. He claimed his asthma was kicking in and he couldn’t breathe. Calmly and sternly I led him to the library and told him to read a book in there. The inspector got the ventilation going again, and he inspected the smoke bomb shell that was now broken in several pieces. I could hear from behind the door, that my students said they know who threw the bomb. We examined three of the kids, but they didn’t want to tell on each other.
What was intended to be a fun class with games and teambuilding, turned out to be a class where the students had to write a log over what they have heard of rumours. How ironic that shortly after I told them about the repercussions of firework on school property, the students experienced why firework is prohibited. Hopefully the inspector gets enough information from the student log I handed over to him, and the smokebomb sinner gets expelled. First day of school after the Christmas break :-S

No comments:

Post a Comment